May 31, 2013 § 1 Comment
Now it’s the end of May (almost officially summer!) and the end of my first full month here at WordPress, I thought it was about time to talk about some of my favourite products this month and shame the ones that have disappointed me… So here they are! Click on the linked names to read my reviews!
- V05 Mega Hold Liquid Hair Spray – I like this better than aerosol sprays because it takes a little longer to dry (meaning I can smooth down hair or scrunch curls) and it doesn’t choke up the air around me quite as much. I’ve been using it a lot when I curl my hair and it is great! The hold lasts all day.
- MUA Pro Artiste Collection Pallette – My new go-to for eye shadow. It does have three colours which are apparently two blushers and a bronzer, but I don’t use either of those (something I need to try soon) and I think they look gorgeous as eye shadows. All the colours are lovely and pigmented and it says in place really well.
- Lush “Silky Underwear” dusting powder – Like talcum powder with a lovely gentle smell of jasmine, this makes me feel amazing when I get dressed. It really does make my skin feel soft and smooth and I just can’t get enough of the smell!
- 17 Graffiti Effect nail polish – I absolutely love the effect this gives on my nails (which you can see in my previous Monday’s Mani post) and will definitely be using it A LOT in the future. It also lasts brilliantly with a top coat – my nails have no chips whatsoever!
- Maybelline Super Stay 14hr lipstick in “Non-Stop Red” – If you’ve read my glowing review of this lipstick’s sister (a lovely coral pink called “Stay With Me Coral”) you’ll know that I’m a massive fan. It stays brilliantly, even after eating and drinking. I’ve never really worn bright red lipstick before and I couldn’t believe how confident it made me feel. My new favourite lipstick for when I want to stand out from the crowd!
- Rimmel Scandaleyes mascara – As you can see in my comparative review, this mascara gives gorgeous length and fullness to my lashes and is a really nice, deep black. I’ve used it so often this month and I just love it more every time.
- 17 Wet Look Lacquer Liner – You’ll see in this morning’s review of this product that it’s my new favourite; perfect for doing the cat flick I love. I wear eyeliner more or less whenever I leave the house and I utterly adore this one.
Do you have any favourite products this month? Have you discovered a new product type that you can’t believe you did without, or just fallen in love with something you forgot about?